|Company:||Competitive Edge Recruiting|
|Location:||Portland , Oregon|
|More from this employer|
General Position Summary:
The Software Engineer leads the development of software solutions for embedded firmware targets and PC test applications. This position is responsible for implementing the full software development cycle for all NPI products and managing both existing code bases and supporting new development. This includes a detailed understanding of embedded microprocessor architectures, CAN communication protocols, custom PCB layouts, and software validation techniques. This position also requires a strong understanding of electrical hardware design and validation to effectively communicate firmware features and performance with the electrical design team.
1. Effectively manage and lead software development for New Product Introduction (NPI).As required, support the software design efforts of new sensors, circuit designs and products. Ensure all design and validation activities meet the specified NPI needs and deadlines, as well as any internal quality and industry regulatory standards.
2. Act as the lead development and support engineer for all microprocessor based NPI products. Support CAN communication protocols for both SAE J1939 and CiA CAN Open implementations. Support customer requests for protocol updates.
3. Lead software DFMEA tasks and work with Electrical Engineers to mitigate both hardware and software failure modes and risks. Support engineers with tools and CAN-based data collection to support product EMC testing.
5. Develop and maintain all software product documentation. This may include flowchart diagrams, state diagrams, UML diagrams, timing diagrams, CAN protocol descriptions, and software DFMEA reports.
6. Actively participate in cross functional teams to identify and address production and development issues. Ensures teams take appropriate steps to trouble shoot problems as they arise in order to minimize defects on final manufactured parts and products..
7. Manage and lead the development of new testing, programming and validation hardware and software to support the manufacturing operation, as well as new product development, lab testing, field support and sales demonstrations on an as needed basis.
8. As required, help resolve customer related issues by recommending design approaches and solutions to technical problems affecting customers on routine matters and obtain assistance from peers, other departments and engineering management on critical issues.
· ANSI C source code development for embedded microcontrollers is a must. Microchip PIC processor experience is preferred.
· Hands-on experience implementing CAN-based communications is preferred.
· Experience developing PC-based test applications with LabVIEW is a plus.
· Experience with source code control and software bug reporting tools is also a plus.
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to interface with individuals, groups, and diverse cultures. Strong planning and organizational abilities.
1. Daily interface with the Electrical Engineering Manager for guidance, and direction and workload prioritization.
2. Daily interface with Manufacturing Engineers on issues regarding NPI, PCB and production validation testers.
3. Daily interface with Electrical Engineers on issues regarding production development.
4. Daily interface with technicians to provide work detail and instructions.
No supervisory responsibilities
Education & Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering. 5 -10 years of related engineering experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, ideally in the automobile or commercial vehicle industry.
Equipment Operation (Voltmeter, Oscilloscope, Power supply, Helmholtz Coil, Frequency generator, Servo System)
C/C++ programming (required)
LabVIEW programming (prefered)
Exposure to medium industrial manufacturing environment. Most work is done in an office setting. A significant amount of time is spent moving between offices and the production areas. Domestic and international travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and revel of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
If you are interested and meet the requirements above, email your resume along with a brief summary indicating how your experience and skills specifically qualify you for this position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
CER is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability