|Company:||Competitive Edge Recruiting|
|More from this employer|
Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for complex areas of accounting such as foreign exchange and equity investments.
- Assist in the accurate preparation and timely distribution of financial statements.
- Provide assistance to Assistant Controller with audits, including external financial, tax and client audits.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Assist with completion of quarterly and annual regulatory filings, including preparation of SEC documents.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Support the Controller and Assistant Controller with special projects in various areas throughout the Company.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Document accounting and reporting issues based on technical research.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience required; preference given to candidates with at least 2 years of audit experience in a Big 4 CPA firm.
- Strong grasp of GAAP and technical accounting experience obtained through either audit or industry experience.
- Accounting experience with a manufacturing company considered a plus.
- Candidate must be solutions oriented and knowledgeable with implementing and establishing, internal controls.
- Superior organization skills, ability to multi-task and re-arrange priorities as needed, monitor workflow in meeting critical deadline and project timetables.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-pace setting. Solid understanding of automated accounting systems (e.g. SAP,Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc.) and well-versed in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills required.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work on complex tasks independently and in a team environment.
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA preferred.