|More from this employer|
The position develops processes and procedures to manage daily production activities efficiently across all three shifts via the shift supervisors. Working closely with QA, Maintenance, sanitation, engineering, safety, R&D and scheduling managers, this position is responsible for ensuring production volumes, quality standards and manufacturing costs are met consistently. Responsibilities also include: providing leadership and development to production staff in the areas of safety, production process, and quality control, handling personnel related issues, and promoting high morale on the production floor.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organizes style changes, packaging line changeovers and shop orders requirements are met on our client’s production lines.
• Supervises raw product deliveries including quality checks.
• Problem solves quality control and maintenance issues.
• Supervises plant and employee Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Hires and trains production supervisors in leadership and processing skills.
• Develop processing solutions with Engineering group.
• Participate in plant scale R&D and NPD projects.
• Scrutinizes key jobs in facility and their impact on production.
• Develops new plant procedures and reviews current procedures.
• Participates in strategic planning projects as assigned.
• Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and Safety Regulations consistently.
• Communicates regularly with shift supervisors, production scheduler, and other supervisors.
• Communicates regularly with vendors.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
Education and Experience:
• 4 year degree and 4-6 years supervisory experience or overall equivalent
• Previous food processing management experience
• Food processing
• Packaging machinery
• Maintenance basics
• Food Safety, HACCP and Q.A. programs
• Managerial practices for planning, reporting, administration, and supervision
• Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and Safety Regulations
• Effective English language literacy; oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels within the company
• Effective presentation and facilitation skills for leading meetings and teams
• Prioritizing, organizing, delegating and using time efficiently
• Task analyzing, problem solving, and decision-making at both a strategic and functional level
• Conflict Resolution skills
• Effective math skills
• Effective computer skills using MS Office products and required technical software
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Listen, understand, and provide assistance to others
• Flexible and positive in a fast-paced environment that changes quickly
• Manage multiple projects at once while meeting tight deadlines
• Travel by air and car with overnight stays
• Work unusual hours as needed to accomplish job goals
• Work in an environment with high level safety risks
• Perform tasks with a high level of confidentiality
• Perform tasks independently and as part of a team to accomplish company goals
• Use our client’s values and commitments in daily work and in interactions with others