|Company:||Competitive Edge Recruiting|
|More from this employer|
J2EE Software Engineer to be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining complex enterprise applications. Java Struts and/or Java Server Faces (JSF) experience will be the keys to success in this role. Experience in industries such as e-commerce/e-business, banking, insurance and dotcoms is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to:
v own all design & development aspects of a full implementation, and be able to take the product from concept to production through following high level tasks:
v analysis of requirements to drive further clarification;
v propose, define and document sound design/refactoring options & alternatives;
v develop application code and unit tests;
v develop products by adopting best agile processes;
v work in small SCRUM teams;
v integrate with our other applications as necessary;
v deliver integrated application components to Testing and Quality Assurance team.
Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle a number of simultaneous projects, demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion,
and be successful in a collaborative environment.
Professional certifications and continuing education history must suggest knowledge and familiarity with J2EE design & development techniques, emerging internet paradigms and SDLC methodologies (RUP, XP etc.).
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or other technical field.
* 4+ years experience in software engineering including analysis, design & development of complex applications using J2EE technologies & application servers
* Experience with J2EE application server software, specifically JBoss.
* Experience with Java Struts and/or Java Server Faces (JSF)—both are preferred.
* Experience with very large data stores, specifically Oracle 11g. Expertise should include very high-transaction and high-security Oracle applications, with very complex stored procedures and queries.
* Experience with at least one source control system & J2EE build/packaging tools.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* Knowledge of XML/SOAP and Web services
* Familiarity with Content Management Systems Documentum (strongly preferred), Vignette, Interwoven or homegrown.
* Expertise in at least one application server: JBoss preferred
* Knowledge of software application structure (DDL, XML, distributed computing, design patterns, model view controller architecture, exception handling, databases, JDBC, etc)
* End-to-end understanding of development processes, organization, and techniques in order to drive the creation of optimal solutions
* Working knowledge of defect tracking and configurations management systems able to perform and lead root-cause analysis
* Familiarity with Oracle and/or SQL Server Database programming using PL/SQL or T-SQL