Director - Patient Financial Services
|Company:||Competitive Edge Recruiting|
|More from this employer|
Overall responsibility for revenue cycle processing in Patient Registration, Central Scheduling, Pre-Service area, Communication Center, Financial Counseling and the Business Office, including contracted vendors. Coordinates operations with other hospital departments. Interprets policies and procedures and ensures adherence to corporate standards. Recommends and implements policy and process changes. Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training of new employees. Conducts performance evaluations for revenue cycle managers and supervisor. Measures performance standards per Facility and Corporate policy and implements performance improvement practices. Ensures adherence to accounting controls, compliance standards and all federal and state regulatory requirements. Ensures charge master compliance with billing regulations and Corporate standards. Handles duties assigned by Division Business Office Director. Coordinates revenue cycle software implementations. Participates on hospital wide committees. Occasional travel may be required. An exempt position that may require 55-60 hours per week with occasional weekends.
Bachelors degree plus five years of progressive experience in the management of Patient Account receivables. Relevant work experience would be considered in lieu of degree requirement and would require nine years of relevant experience to qualify. CPAM of CHFP with specialty in Patient Financial Services preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in a related healthcare environment.
- Minimum of three years in a hospital business office environment.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience, preferably in a medical business office environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with hospital registration, billing, cash posting and collections.
- In-depth knowledge of current healthcare trends and the role of the PFS department in the healthcare team.
- High degree of competence in technical areas, i.e. software, hardware and other technology used in the department.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other third party payer regulations and reimbursements.
- Experience with patient accounts systems, electronic billing, receivables management software tools and reports. HBOC, STAF, SSI, MediFinance and IMACS experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products, including Excel and Word.
- Overall knowledge of third party reimbursement, managed care contracts, collection laws, bankruptcy laws, admitting, billing and collection procedures as well as Medicare and Medicaid regulations required.
- Demonstrates creativity, intelligence and discretion in the planning, organizing and coordination of departmental functions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects successfully.